Are you confused between ProWritingAid vs Grammarly? Well, your confusion ends as you read the article ahead.
When we talk about grammar checking tools, ProWritingAid and Grammarly are two of the most popular names that come to our minds. With their cut-throat similarities, deciding between either of them can be tricky.
Both the tools offer exceptional features that make your writing easier -whether you are a writer or a student. In this article, we have compared both the tools based on various parameters to facilitate choosing between the two tools easier.
As you read this content ahead, you can decide which tool fits your need perfectly. With that, let’s dive into the details!
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: Overview
Before starting the comparison of both tools, let’s go through a quick overview of both tools.
Grammarly is a tool used by more than 10 million users that analyzes the errors in your content and makes them appropriate. Mainly Grammarly is free. With the free version, you get the essential grammar correction like punctuation, spelling, grammatical errors, etc. While on the other hand, it also has a premium version that offers better composing and stylistic writing.
ProWritingAid is a tool used for Grammar checking that suggests valuable suggestions that can help you write valuable content without grammatical errors. It also has an online editing tool that gives you a detailed summary of your content and edits it for the betterment. This tool checks the structural issues like punctuation, repetition of texts, spellings, etc.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: Key Features
As you have understood both Grammarly and ProWritingAid, let’s understand the tools’ features that can make your content more insightful.
Grammarly Key Features:
- Grammarly is a tool that allows you to create your dictionary by adding the words from your content.
- It also recognizes the use of passive voice in the content and notifies the user about the overuse of passive voice.
- Grammarly enables identifying the reputation of words in your content and suggests changes.
- Grammarly also helps in detecting plagiarism.
- It identifies the use of long sentences and shortens them.
- Grammarly detects spelling mistakes and corrects them.
ProWritingAid Key Features:
- ProWritingAid is a tool that checks your grammar and spelling-related mistakes.
- The most important feature is that it checks out the readability of the content by identifying the difficulty of the paragraph.
- You can also order a human proofreader who will evaluate your content in return for paid support.
- ProWritingAid checks the usage of the word and corrects the usage of the overused word.
- It visualizes the use of big paragraphs and shortens them to make the content compelling and clear.
- It also checks the repeated paragraphs and is of no use, which helps give the content a clear picture.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: User Interface
User interface plays a key role. You won’t be able to take the maximum benefit of the tool if the tool interface is not user-friendly. No one wants to spend half of their time understanding how a certain tool works. No matter how good the features of a tool are but if it doesn’t offer ease, it is of no use. Let’s understand the Grammarly and ProWritingAid interface.
With Grammarly, you get three easy usage offerings. Let’s understand them one by one.
Grammarly has a Google Chrome Extension. This plugin of Grammarly plugs the most features of the Grammarly on the internet automatically, making it easy to use for checking the grammar. The plugin autocorrects your content so that you don’t have to sit and edit.
Another easy usage that Grammarly offer is Microsoft Word Editor, which exactly works like Grammarly editor. It enables the suggestion to be directly implanted in the Microsoft word so that you don’t have to use your writing software for editing. Apart from all this correcting the errors are so easy with Grammarly. You just have to click on the error suggestion and can get your content error-free. The web editor of Grammarly is so easy that just can also add it to the chrome extension, which makes it easy to use.
On the other hand, the ProWritingAid ease of use is a little complicated as the error suggestions are shown on the left side of the screen, for which you have to click on a small arrow and then hover over the text to see the recommendations. As in Grammarly, you get to see the suggested improvements while writing, but in the case of ProWritingAid, you will see the improvements hidden that can create a mess at the time of editing.
As Grammarly has a Google Chrome extension the same way, ProWritingAid also has a plugin that helps in quick editing. Still, in this plugin, the lack of auto-correction is the most significant disadvantage, which sometimes proves incorrect. Grammarly is more convenient in terms of the user interface.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: Integrations
Let’s see the integration of both Grammarly and ProWritingAid.
Grammarly has a Chrome plugin that works with the browser, including email, WordPress, Google docs, and more. Grammarly also has other plugins for Microsoft Word and Outlook, and you can easily download the desktop version of Grammarly for your mobile keyboard or your windows.
ProWritingAid has the Microsoft Word plugin that directly integrates into your word processor, available for Mac and Windows. Other plugins like the ProWritingAid extension help in editing everywhere you write online. It mainly integrates with Gmail, Facebook, WordPress, and several other websites.
ProWritingAid also has a google docs plugin that merges into the works processor for smooth editing.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: Accuracy
While selecting a tool that will be perfect for your writing and editing accuracy is a must. Everyone wants their content to be correct and effective, and therefore accuracy matters the most.
Grammarly is a tool that catches major to minor errors very quickly. This tool suggests the errors that help in making the content more compelling. When you go through the entire article, you will determine that Grammarly indicates errors, and its recommendations are more accurate most of the time. Though sometimes Grammarly suggestions often change the sentence meaning, its false algorithm also leads to inappropriate recommendations and often makes you doubt your grammatical skills.
As related to Grammarly, ProWritingAid provides more suggestions throughout the article. ProWritingAid can remove the fluff content from the articles and more effectively take care of fragmented paragraphs and conversations. ProWritingAid offers more suggestions than Grammarly, but many people go with Grammarly’s suggestions.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: Pros and Cons
As you have understood both the tools, let’s quickly understand what the advantages and disadvantages of these are
- Grammarly marks all the wrong words and helps you edit content in real-time.
- Grammarly offers plagiarism checking.
- Grammarly is beginner-friendly; you can use Grammarly as an absolute beginner without any specific training.
- The free version of Grammarly is only suitable for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Grammarly Chrome extensions are not friendly on some websites.
- Grammarly sometimes catches the wrong mistakes that can often lead to skill doubt.
- ProWritingAid has more integration than other tools.
- ProWritingAid has more features compared to other editing tools.
- ProWritingAid is cheaper than other tools.
- ProWritingAid has slower editing
- It does not have any mobile application for Android and iOS
- The plagiarism checker is only accessible for the premium plan.
ProWritingAid vs Grammarly: Pricing
Pricing is also an essential factor in selecting a perfect tool. Let’s compare the price offering of both the tools.
Grammarly can be used for free if you are budget conscious. However, the free version offers limited features compared to the premium plans. The premium monthly plan costs $30 per month, the quarterly plan costs $20 per month, and the yearly premium costs $12 per month.
The ProWritingAid Google chrome plugin offers only a limited feature; it generally has four pricing plans, the yearly cost is $79, and the lifetime plan is $399. The monthly subscription is $20 per month.
The Grammarly and ProWritingAid are great tools for grammar checks, plagiarism checks, editing, etc. However, talking about Grammarly is a convenient and easy-to-use tool. Though its pricing is a little high, it has full features and is one of the widely used writing assistants.
Whereas if we talk about ProWritingAid, this tool is also very convenient and is cheaper, and has more integrations. In the end, both the tools offer endless features to assist you in writing better and more accessible.
We hope that the comparison helped you make the decision of which tool to pick. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and choose your pick based on the comparison above, and you won’t be disappointed with either of them.